Uncover the Secrets for Perfect
Day Trips and Weekend Getaways
Locate FUN, CHEAP and FREE activities for weekend getaways and day trips.
Uncover secret tips and tricks for local attractions. Find new and exciting destinations that just happen to be in Southern California!
Investigate and discover what Southern California has to offer for your next getaway or day trip.
You will be surprised and amazed at what you don't know about Southern California!
Travel to destinations only the locals know about, secret getaway spots off the beaten path, and many more “not well known locations” – ALL in Southern California!!!
Find FREE travel tips, attraction secrets, time-saving tips and money saving tips!!!
I love to travel and I love a bargain. Who doesn't? I can see you raising your hand saying, "Me, Me, Me! I do, I do!" You sound as excited as I am when I find a secret tip or nugget of information I can pass along to my friends.
Let me share my secrets and tips with you, take a look around. Some of the things you will find:
...and so much more!!!
- Popular destinations
- Local destinations
- FREE TRIP IDEAS
- Kids activities
- Discount links
I've found the best weekend getaways were in Southern California. Why? Because there is something to do every day of the year!
Enjoy a day in the sun at Laguna Beach and the next day snowboarding in Big Bear.
From Los Angeles to San Diego and all of the cities in between, there are countless activities and trips to take!!
Looking for a Southern California staycation or daycation? Do you want cheap local trip ideas for you or your family?
Browse around for a few minutes, check out each location and mark it on your calendar. Some events are time specific, others are year-round.
Gas prices are crazy high these days, don't let it stop you from having some fun! Take a road trip on one tank of gas! Most of these trip locations are truly "local" - drive there, play there, drive home all in one day.
And the best part ... on ONE tank of gas!!
Where do you want to go? What do you want to see first? What should know before you go?
Check out the FREEbies section for FREE activities to keep you busy during your next family getaway.
Take a peek at our beach vacations and pick the one you like!
Do you feel like a little bit of excitement for your next day trip? Look at our list of local Southern California Festivals and visit one near you!
Enjoy your personal on line travel guide FULL of travel tips and deals. Basically, a preview of what you need to know before you go!!!
All of your research and homework is done! Bookmark us now!
Look around, take some notes, and pay attention to the Tips Sections. You might find a time-saver or something FREE!!!
Have fun and enjoy your next day trip or weekend getaway!
Grab your kids or friends and jump in the car… Let your imagination lead you to your next adventure!
Buy event tickets for all Concerts, Sports and Theatre events nationwide.
- Day Trips and Weekend Getaways BLOG
- Day Trips and Weekend Getaways Blog make sure you stay up to date with new information and changes at Day-Trips-and-Weekend-Getaways.com Web site. Subscribe here.
- Search Day Trips And Weekend Getaways
- Search Day Trips and Weekend Getaways
- Free Vacations, Ideas and Free Admission Secrets for Local Attractions
- Find One of Your Next Free Vacations or Free Trip Ideas and Free Admission to Your Favorite Attractions and Some Freebies Too!
- Museums In Southern California
- Reviews of Museums Located In Southern California. Many With Kid and Family Friendly Environments.
- Sightseeing in California
- Start sightseeing in California today! Enjoy the historical sites, California scenery and local hideaways.
- Theme Parks and Zoos in Southern California
- Find the BEST theme parks and zoos in the area. Plus, you will find local attractions that ONLY the locals know about!
- State Parks In Southern California - Fun and Cheap Staycations
- State Parks in Southern California have it ALL! Camping, hiking, fishing! Take a day trip or staycation, it’s great for families and kids to enjoy the outdoors and hang out with nature.
- The Best Beach Vacations in Southern California
- Why is THIS one of the best beach vacations? Wind, Sand, Sun, and Surf is a TASTE of what Southern California beach vacations offer. Find the best beaches for kids, families plus fun activities!
- Local California Festivals and Fairs are Where You'll Find Music, Fun, and Lots
- Family fun, kids activities, music, dancing, food, turkey legs, and lots of culture. You'll find this and more when you visit any one of these California Festivals and Fairs!
- Holiday Things To Do In Southern California
- Find Exciting And Fun Holiday Things To Do In Southern California. You Can Find Somethig To Do For Every Holiday If You Know Where To Go!
- Contact Us
- Use This Page to Contact Us! Give Your Feedback, Comments, and General Inquires
- My Story and About My Website
- Learn a litle bit about me and why I built this website.
- Recommended Websites - These Sites Are A Must See!
- Links to recommended websites where you will find places of interest and global travel
- Julian Is A Day Trip To Take Any Season Of The Year!
- Historic downtown Julian is a fun family getaway. Take a carriage ride, watch historical reenactments, and eat some famous apple pie!
- The OC Zoo is a Perfect Day Trip for Young Kids
- Explore the OC Zoo, see and touch the animals! Hands-on FUN in art classes and events all year long!
- Julian Apple Days In Downtown Julian. It’s A 2 Month Apple Harvest Celebration!
- Julian Apple Days –Starts annually in September with festivities, exhibits, and weekend events until October or mid – November. The harvest celebration only ends because the apples run out!
- Bank of America Offers Free Admission with Museums On Us
- Find out how to take advantage of FREE ADMISSION to museums with Bank of America's Museums On Us program
- Dana Point has it all. Family Vacations, Couples Getaways, Kid Friendly Beaches
- Southern California’s BEST beaches are near Dana Point Harbor-Why? Camping, day parks, shops, water sports, kids activities. They’re close together; you get MORE FUN in your getaway!
- The Ocean Institute In Dana Point Is A Great Family Day Trip
- The Ocean Institute in Dana Point offers a kid friendly learning environment throughout the year.
- Dana Point Baby Beach Is A Safe Beach For Your Toddler Or Entire Family
- Dana Point Baby Beach offers a protected swim area for your toddler with calm waters, shaded picnic tables, and bathrooms nearby.
- San Dimas Canyon Park Gives You More Than A Park!
- Nestled in the San Rafael Hills, San Dimas Canyon Park offers a lot of family fun and a FREE nature center!
- Toshiba Tall Ships Festival In Dana Point, An Adventure For the Whole Family
- Toshiba Tall Ships Festival in Dana Point, in Southern California. Where the whole family can enjoy a day or weekend of fun and adventure for cheap!
- Find Out Why Disneyland IS the Most Magical Place on Earth!
- Disneyland let’s you be a kid again, no matter how old you are! From magical attractions to Disney characters that come to life, it really IS the best place on earth.
- California Adventure, a Theme Park Experience for the Whole Family!
- Explore California Adventure attractions in Southern California. Get energized with musicals, parades and take pictures with all the Disney characters you can imagine!
- The Festival of Arts in Laguna Beach - An Awesome Open Air Art Gallery
- Enjoy the Festival of Arts browsing at booths, sipping on a glass of wine, and talking with the artists.
- Explore Palomar Observatory and Get FREE Admission When You're There!
- Enjoy a day at Palomar Observatory for FREE! Take a tour and learn how Cal Tech Research Center gazes at the stars.
- The Sawdust Festival in Laguna Beach, a Great Day Trip That Won't Break the Bank
- Participate in art workshops, talk to the artists, and check out the glass blower booth. There’s so much to do and see at the Sawdust Festival you'll want to buy a season pass!
- Old Cove Native Plant Preserve Self-Guided Tour In Dana Cove Park
- Explore the Old Cove Native Plant Preserve in Dana Cove Park; find out which California coast drought tolerant plants are best for your yard or garden and enjoy scenic views of Dana Point Harbor!
- Doheny State Beach A Family And Dog Friendly Camping Getaway
- Doheny State Beach in Dana Point has year round activities and events. Enjoy annual festivals, outrigger races, car shows, firework shows, beach cleanup days to name a few!
- Dana Cove Park In Dana Point Boasts Scenic Ocean Views
- Dana Cove Park in Dana Point has fun family activities to soak up! Picnic area, tide pools, scenic ocean views and a plant preserve. Enjoy all this for FREE!
- Dana Point Tide Pools - Discover Sea Life In A Fun and Exciting Way!
- Dana Point tide pools are little windows into marine life, right at the edge of the beach. Take your kids and enjoy a day trip learning about ocean wildlife, directly at its doorstep!
- Julian Apple Days Festival In Menghini Winery – 3 miles from Julian
- Julian Apple Days Festival in Menghini Winery is a cheap day trip where families, couples and friends can have fun with kid’s activities, dancing, eating, shopping and sipping wine!
- Julian Oktoberfest – Enjoy The Festival, Antique Shops, Wineries And More!
- Julian Oktoberfest is a small two day festival where your family can enjoy a German party in a quaint mountain town known for its Main Street shops and nearby Apple Orchards
- Laguna Beach Features a Popular Main Beach, Festivals and Shopping District
- Find sandy beaches, boutiques, art galleries, festivals, restaurants and the well known Art District - all in beautiful downtown Laguna Beach
- Old World Village Oktoberfest In Huntington Beach, A German Party You Can't Miss
- Old World Village Oktoberfest. German beer, food, music and dancing give you a hint of the party atmosphere you'll experience
- Affiliate Disclosure
- Affiliate Disclosure